0 products
    Sorry, there are no products in this collection.

    Tobermory distillery was established under the name Ledaig in 1798 by John Sinclair. The ensuing years were marred with mothballings. In 1916 the distillery was purchased by DCL and it produced whisky until 1930 when the distillery closed its doors for over 40 years. 

    The distillery was resurrected in 1972 thanks to a joint business venture by a shipping company, Panamanian interests, and Domecq. However, this did not last long. Ledaig filed for bankruptcy just three years later and the site was closed. 

    Then, in 1979, Kirkleavingto Property bought the site and established the distillery under a new name: Tobermory, with Ledaig becoming the name of peated Tobermory expressions in 2007. 

    Today, Tobermory is owned by Distell, and attracts thousands of visitors to the Isle of Mull each year, both to see the trademark colourful houses and to taste a dram of the only whisky distilled on the island.